Anime7.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amélie

2 posters

Go down

Amélie Empty Amélie

Post by EnvyChan Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:46 am

This is on of my fav movies ><
General info taken from wiki, review by me ^^:
Amélie is a 2001 French film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and starring Audrey Tautou. Its original French title is Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain ("The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain"; poulain is French for foal). Written by Jeunet with Guillaume Laurant, the film is a whimsical and somewhat idealised depiction of contemporary Parisian life, set in Montmartre. It tells the story of a painfully shy waitress who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own isolation.

Amélie won best film at the European Film Awards; it won four César Awards (including Best Film and Best Director), two BAFTA Awards (including Best Original Screenplay), and was nominated for five Academy Awards. (See below for other awards and recognition.)
(more info about the actual plot here: Plot^^ )

My review of the movie and the plot^^:
I give this movie 5 stars, thought some people won't agree with me.
The plot: The plot seems sometimes a bit complicated and strange, 2 hours of a movie is not "just something", when Iv watched it the first time, I found the plot original, not with much action but still great. A lot of original ideas, for example whenever you meet and new char, the story teller sais their least fav things in the worlds, and their two most fav things in the world, therefor somehow you can know the chars better this way.
Camera angles: Yes, even the angles of the camera were original >< Everytime they showed things, and especially Amelie's face from a diffrent angle.
Music: The music is great, kinda of addictive^^
EnvyChan
EnvyChan
Anime-o-pedia
Anime-o-pedia

Female Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2007-07-18

http://trivialmatter.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Amélie Empty Re: Amélie

Post by LostYouthGK17 Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:01 am

I think Audrey Tautou is attractive but I never saw this movie. I might pick it up from the video store if I'm bored one day and check it out though, I'm a media major so the more movies I see the more I grow artistically (at least that's how I feel).
LostYouthGK17
LostYouthGK17
Elite poster
Elite poster

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum